What Types of Personal Information We Collect
The Personal Information that CheckFree collects from or about you may include:
1. Contact Information such as name, postal address, and e-mail address;
2. Account numbers and other information on bills you would like to view online;
3. Information about bank checking accounts, if you decide to make payments from those accounts through the Site;
4. Information maintained about you by consumer reporting agencies, including credit bureaus; and
5. Information to help verify your identity and authenticate your access to your information, products and services at the Site, including a password, secret question and secret answer.
How We Collect Your Information
CheckFree may collect Personal Information about you from the following sources:
1. Your enrollment applications, or similar forms;
2. Your use of the Site and the products and services offered through it, including data transmitted to CheckFree through cellphones and other mobile devices;
3. Companies that provide content, such as electronic bills, to the Site, or that use CheckFree's electronic billing and/or electronic payment services at their sites;
4. Consumer reporting agencies; and
5. Other sources, as allowed by law.
Cookies and Other Related Issues
When you visit the Site, we receive certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring website addresses. This data does not identify you uniquely. However, it is used to assist in "authenticating" who you are when you access the Site.
We may also receive additional information about your visit to the Site, including the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take in connection with the Site and the products and services offered through it. This data is used to make the site design more efficient.
How We May Use and Disclose Your Personal Information
1. To complete transactions and render products and services authorized by you (such as sharing the information with an electric company or other biller as necessary to allow the biller to authenticate you, to pay a bill, and to send messages to you related to the authorized products and services);
2. To send you information about additional products and services that have been or will be offered through the Site by CheckFree and others; although you may opt out of receiving commercial email marketing messages from CheckFree by following the opt-out processes described in those messages;
3. To perform fraud screening, to verify your identity, determine your credit history, or verify the information contained in your account (such as sharing information with a credit reporting agency during the account enrollment process);
4. To comply with laws and regulations, including compliance with court orders or lawful instructions from a government agency, to protect the personal safety of subscribers or the public, to defend CheckFree from claims, and to protect CheckFree's rights and property; and
5. As otherwise authorized by you.
Access to Your Information
You may review and update the Personal Information maintained about you in the "My Profile" section of the Site at any time to ensure that it is accurate and up-to-date.
How We Keep Your Information Secure
To ensure that your Personal Information remains confidential, CheckFree uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to transmit and receive your Personal Information in an encrypted form.
Additionally, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access to your Personal Information. We update and test our technology frequently to improve these protections and to ensure the integrity of your Personal Information.
CheckFree has policies and procedures that limit employee access to your Personal Information to those with a business reason to have such information. We educate our employees about the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy, and we take appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce our privacy practices.
Protection For Former customers
We treat the Personal Information of our former customers with the same care and respect as that of our current customers.
Compliance with Applicable Laws
In writing: CheckFree Services Corporation
ATTN: Privacy Management
4411 East Jones Bridge Road
Norcross, GA 30092
Telephone number: 1-800-564-9184